Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Well this past weekend we got to spend time in Chicago or Chi-Town.. LOL! It was really fun and relaxing. Jeff and Luisa have a wonderful home out there in a great Neighborhood. I was actually surprised how family oriented it was. This trip wasn't a planned tripped it was more of a spur the moment trip lets use this as a mother's day gift. Since you know we fly free and have a free place to stay and all we really needed was food (which Jeff and Luisa took care of since Luisa is Chicago's coupon queen). Before we left we didn't even tell our kids until we picked them up from there Grandma's and Aunt's house in the morning. The flight going there was horrible only because I had to watch the 3 monsters in the back while the Sala and Journey got to sit in first class.
As soon as we landed we were all starving, but we had some famous Chicago style pizza waiting for us at the house. At first glance I wasn't all excited about until we started eating the pizza. This pizza was the BOMB! Seriously, it was very "delightful and delicious" to the taste. I was thinking to myself why don't everyone make this kind of pizza. Anywhoo......
During our stay there we got to go see the United center and see the infamous Jordan statue. The United Center wasn't all that I expected to be, but the Michael Jordan statue was the only important thing that I really wanted to see. Getting into the United center was an adventure in its self we actually had to "break in"... Don't worry we didn't get caught and it wasn't the first time that we broke into a building or house... LOL I am just kidding. I never do anything like that. We also got to go see the Sear's Tower, Oprah Winfrey studio, Solider Field Stadium, Lake Michigan, sites were Dark Knight was filmed and other cool sites. I never thought Chicago would have so much to do.
The best thing that we did in Chicago was just relax, eat, relax, eat, relax and did I say eat! All in all the trip was a blast and it is always nice to go and see family away from family. I am excited for our family reunion that we have coming up in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment