Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We can either ACT or be Acted upon!

So I just wanted to stop by and throw up another blog about my progress in making a change to my self. Stephen covey starts his book talking about “Inside-Out” referring to us as individuals. How we should start with ourself before we look at any one else. Whether we are right or wrong. I can't help to think that he is so right. We live in a day and age where we let so many other things constitute our actions, thoughts, activities and the way we conduct our selves that we don't really think that we can control or be controllers of our own life. He also goes on and talks about our “Paradigm Shift”! Which I found really intriguing. You should read more into it.. I am just getting into it so I will share more later. The one thing that I wanted to share with you is how he defines Habit. Here is his definition of

  • HABIT = Is an intersection of knowledge, skill and desire.

    • Knowledge – the what to do and why

    • Skill – the how to do

    • Desire – motivation to want to do


Now looking at that how true of a statement is that. Our habits is the one thing that dictates whether we are going to be successful in anything that we do. Sports, Job, Marriage, Friendship or just anything you can really think of. The other thing that I think is so true about creating good habits and also start “inside-out” is that we often here that to be successful you have to surround your self with successful people. That is true in a way, but if your self is not ready to be successful then I don't think it matters who is around you. I used to think that just get to the right spot and the rest will take care of self and I will learn as I go and things will just start to happen. That was all great and if that works for others then I am happy for them. For me it didn't work and I needed to figure what I NEEDED to REALLY succeed. Honestly I didn't know what I had to or where to start. I didn't really have the right focus or mind frame (I used to think I did, but I didn't!). Well I don't want to go on to much the main thing that I am trying to convince myself is I am the one person that will dictate my life or I am the programmer of my life and the next thing I am going to start doing is take control of my life or write my program. Which is going to take a lot to do, but I know this my “paradigm shift” that needs to happen so I can put my life back on the right course for success rather than just stagnant. I always felt like I had the right thoughts and ideas of what I wanted in life, but I never really had the right map for the location that I wanted to get to. Well I am going to start building my mission statement in life and get the right map for the right location. See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment